Awards Program/ Grant Guidelines
All grant applications are accepted via the Princess Grace Foundation-USA’s online application module. Please read below for guidelines common to all disciplines and the detailed information that follows for the area in which you are applying. Please note you must use the current version of your preferred browser to access the applications.
- The Princess Grace Awards is a national program dedicated to identifying and assisting emerging theater, dance, and film artists who are at the outset of their careers or at early stages of professional development.
- All nominees must be U.S. citizens or have obtained permanent residency status.
- All nominees (except playwrights, who may apply individually through www.newdramatists.org), must be nominated by a school department chair/dean or company artistic director. Self-nominations are not allowed.
- The nominating organization must be a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Scholarships, apprenticeships and fellowships must be completed in the United States.
- The next available grant period for all Princess Grace Awards is September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018.
Click on the appropriate category to bring you directly to the appropriate section for the guidelines.
Playwriting, Theater, Dance Performance, Choreography, and Film
One fellowship is offered annually to an individual playwright, including residency at New Dramatists and opportunity for winning play to be licensed and published by Samuel French, Inc. Please click here to apply for the Playwriting Fellowship. Applications will be accepted beginning March 1.
Scholarships, apprenticeships, and fellowships are available through a nomination process for individuals affiliated with non-profit schools and theaters. Nominations for theater grants are invited from the Artistic Directors of theater companies and Deans or Department Chairs of professional schools in theater. Grants are awarded to actors, directors, and costume, set, sound, projection and lighting designers.
Please note, grants are not currently available for composers, lyricists, dramaturgs, managers, or music directors; self-nominations by an artist are not accepted; and an organization or school may submit only one nominee per category (scholarship, apprenticeship or fellowship outlined in the below guidelines).
DANCE PERFORMANCE – DEADLINE: APRIL 30, 2017
Scholarships and fellowships are available through a nomination process for individuals affiliated with non-profit schools and dance companies. Nominations for dance performance grants are invited from the Artistic Directors of dance companies and Deans or Department Chairs of professional schools in dance.
Please note, self-nominations by an artist are not accepted; an organization or school may submit only one nominee per category (scholarship or fellowship outlined in the below guidelines).
Fellowships are available through a nomination process for individuals affiliated with non-profit dance companies or organizations. Nominations for a choreography fellowship are invited from the Artistic Directors of professional dance companies and Directors of organizations/festivals hosting residencies for emerging choreographers that culminate in a public performance. University residencies are not eligible.
Please note, a company/festival may submit only one nominee; self-nominations by an artist are not accepted.
Scholarships are available through a nomination process for students enrolled in university at graduate and undergraduate film programs. Nominations for film scholarships are invited from Deans or Department Chairs of these film programs. (open to select film schools by invitation only)
Please note, a school may only submit one nominee per category (undergraduate or graduate scholarship).
Meet our 2016 Princess Grace Awards Winners!